5th June 2019.
Dear Parents, Tuesday 29th October – Wednesday 30th October 2019
Re: First World War Poetry Tour Ypres and Somme
October may seem a long way off, but I have arranged for next year’s 4th form to visit the battlefields of Ypres and the Somme as preparation for analysing poems for English Literature. The visit will also give pupils a realistic insight into soldiers’ experiences during the First World War.
This is a two day tour departing on Tuesday, 29th October and returning on Wednesday 30th October. The cost of the trip is £170.00 and includes the following:-
- Return travel by coach and Eurotunnel from school to France
- Overnight full board hotel accommodation plus packed lunch on Wednesday
- A professional tour guide who will stay with the group the whole time we are in France
This is a unique opportunity for our pupils to experience the poetry in the landscape that inspired it and in its historical context. The trip will take place on the first Visits Day next academic year.
Further details will be issued in September, but in the meantime I should be grateful if you would complete the reply slip below and return it to your child’s form teacher by Monday, 14th June together with a:
- non- refundable payment to secure their place
- a photocopy of your child’s passport and their EHIC card
Click here to download more information.