St John’s Prep and Senior School, based in Enfield, Potters Bar, is delighted to host a trip for its Third Form students to Madrid, Spain.
On Saturday 9 May – for five days and four nights – St John’s Senior School students will join the school on a trip to Madrid.
The cost of the trip will include air fare, coach transport, hotel accommodation, food and drink, entry fees to tours and insurance.
This is an excellent four star hotel in the very centre of Madrid’s shopping district. We have stayed at the Emperador during our last seven visits.
The service, quality and cleanliness are consistently of a high standard. The manager and his staff like us as much as we like them. They have always been kind, helpful and have treated the boys and girls with great consideration.
The rooms are mostly twin rooms, but there will be some triples one or two triples.
- El Escorial An hour’s journey north of Madrid. Truly one of the grandest palaces ever built. Some consider it to be the 8th wonder of the world. It was built during Spain’s ‘Golden Age’ by Philip II.
- Exploring Madrid This will include a walk through Retiro Park, the largest and most beautiful of Madrid’s parks and the Puerta del Sol –an impressive square which is not only the centre of Madrid, but of the whole of Spain because it is the starting point of all the roads in the country
- Shopping in the main shopping area (the nearest equivalent to our Oxford Street). This is a chance to absorb the atmosphere of the Spanish way of life.
- Real Madrid Football Stadium (‘Bernabeu Stadium’) We shall have a guided tour of this beautiful and impressive stadium. The stunning vastness of the pitch and seating area always take the pupils by surprise.
- Madrid’s Zoo Regarded as one of the best in Europe. St John’s has seen many of the world’s zoos – for us, this is the finest of all.
- Palacio Real Yes, another palace! But it really is something worth seeing. Whereas El Escorial is a mighty palace/monastery which was built to convey a sense of incredible power, strength and religious reverence.
More information can be found in the Letters section of the St John’s Prep and Senior School website.