St John’s Prep and Senior School, based in Enfield, Potters Bar, is delighted to host a trip for its 1st Form students (Blue, Green and Red) to York.
The aim of this trip is to show the children one of England’s most interesting and beautiful northern cities. At one time it was the country’s premier city – greater than London!
The letter, which includes information about the journey, hotel and cost of the trip, is available to read via the ‘Letters’ page on the news website.
We have reserved the Hampton by Hilton York and this will be held until the end of January. It is a new hotel and the accommodation will be first class.
Children should come dressed in sensible clothes. If in doubt check with me. No uniform will be required for this trip, but sensible clothes are a MUST however. We shall be staying at the Hampton by Hilton York and we do not want to look ridiculously out of place.
- Orientation Walk: Getting to know York’s city centre
- York Castle Museum: We shall wander along reconstructed streets and prison cells! Also, we shall see hundreds of household objects which were so familiar to our grand, and great-grand parents, but now part of history.
- Jorvik Viking Centre: An award winning ‘time car’ journey back in time back a 1,000 years to a Viking village!
- Full day visit to Castle Howard
- York Minster Visitors Centre
- Stonegate Walk: Covered shopping in the heart of York
- Coppergate Shopping: High Street shopping in a traffic free zone
- Clifford Tower
- National Railway Museum: The world’s largest railway museum
- A guided ‘Ghost Walk’ at night. On past trips, pupils have said this was their favourite activity
How to book
A reply slip can be found on the aforementioned letter, which needs to be returned by the end of January.