16 October 2019
Please find enclosed the final Tour details and the code of conduct document for our trip to Ypres and the Somme.
Important information to note:
- Please send your child’s passport and E111 (EHIC) card to school on Monday 28th October 2019.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on Tuesday 29th October at 5.30am. The coach will leave promptly at 6am. We will return on Wednesday evening at approximately 7.15.
- Please park in the teacher’s parking area if you wish to stay and see your child leave, as it would ensure easy access to the coach collecting the group.
- We advise that you provide your son/ daughter with approximately 50 euro (can be less) for the duration of the trip.
- Please provide your son/ daughter with a packed lunch for the 29th
- Children will need to have a few pounds to purchase snacks/ breakfast while in the UK.
- Please be aware that pupils will be given some free time in the city square in Ypres after their evening meal and just before the Last Post ceremony which is at 8pm. Staff will be in the square too.
- Please note that pupils must give in their mobiles once we have arrived at the hotel in the evening. This will ensure that pupils do not stay up late. Mobiles will be handed back to students in the morning.
- It is absolutely essential that a child who has allergies or is taking medication has everything they need with them, including an EpiPen or inhaler. These can be given to a member of staff for safe keeping.
Essentials for Study purposes:
Pen/ pencil and paper for notes and annotations during trip (keep these items with you on the coach)
- Face cloth, shampoo, soap, etc. (the hotel provides towels, but you are free to bring your own if you wish)
- A warm coat, Scarf, gloves, hat (woolly/ furry) as the weather can quickly become quite cold. (Keep these items with you when we depart from St John’s.)
- Warm jumpers. Layering your clothes always helps with the cold, so ensure that you take 1 or 2 jumpers/ long sleeve tops.
- A few pairs of socks in the event that your feet get wet.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes (wellingtons are recommended to change into, as it can be quite muddy). Keep your wellington boots with you under your seat when we depart from St John’s.
- A pair of comfortable shoes to change into for our meal later that evening.
- An adapter to charge or use any electrical items (mobile phones, dryers etc.)
- Do not over pack, as we are just going to be away for 2 days.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
Click here to download full information.